Monday, December 08, 2003

Krithigai

This post contains lots of South Indian terms. Non-South Indians pls excuse as I can't find any appropriate links.

Yesterday we celebrated Krithigai in a typical "Desi" style. As we didn't have that many 'Vizhaku's' we decided to substitute with candles. We wrapped small thermocol blocks with foil paper for candle bases(as these were standalone candles). Traditional attire was the theme with my wife in Silk saree and my 3.5 yr old daughter in Pattu Pavadai and me in Dhoti. My little daughter was suspicious from the beginning about all these hoopla's and came out with the doubt "Am I getting married today mummy?". I had to struggle to explain her about this krithigai funda, but I couldn't tell her any stories about this (Is there any??). hmmm...It would have been more fun for her back home with whole city lit in lights and her grandparents telling all these background stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts